" Don't be a victim of cheating. Before Responding to Any Newspaper / Online - Job Recruitment Advertisement please Conform With NorkaRoots VISIT www.poeonline.gov.in

09 June 2014

Federal Skilled Worker Program : Frequently Asked Questions

Federal Skilled Worker Program : Frequently Asked Questions
Federal Skilled Workers program is by far the most popular Immigration program by the Govt. of Canada and thousands of people Immigrate to Canada to start a new life after successfully applying through this program. While so much is written about this program, there are a few basic common questions that everyone applying under this program have. Here we attempt to answer these questions and bring more clarity to help you to better decide of you would like to apply for your Immigration through this program or now.
Q1. What is the eligibility criteria for qualifying under Federal Skilled Workers program ?
To be eligible for a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa under the Skilled Worker category, you must:
have at least one year of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience in the past 10 years in one of 24 eligible occupations; or
• qualify for Arranged Employment with a Labour Market Opinion; or
• have completed a PhD from a recognized institution in Canada; or
• have completed 2 years of study at a recognized institution in Canada towards a PhD;
• have sufficient funds for settlement in Canada; and
• pass a minimum threshold of language ability for one of Canada's two official languages (English/French)
In addition, Canada Federal Skilled Worker (Professional) applicants must attain at least 67 points based on Citizenship and Immigration Canada's (CIC) immigration selection factors. In addition, all applicants for a Canada Immigration Visa and their accompanying and non-accompanying dependents, under all categories of Canadian Immigration, must satisfy Canadian health and security/criminality requirements.
Q2. Can I still qualify as a Federal Skilled Worker if I do not have work experience in the 24 qualifying occupations?
In the event that you do not have any work experience in one of the 24 eligible occupations, you may also qualify if you have Arranged Employment in Canada, or have completed a PhD in Canada or two years of study in Canada towards the attainment of a PhD, and meet the 67-point pass mark.
Q3 I am not sure if I qualify. Can you assess my eligibility under the Skilled Worker category?
Yes, please fill the form at here and we will send you your Immigration eligibility report.
Q4. Looks like I cannot make it to the 67 point requirement. Can I still Qualify for the FSW program ?
Yes, Canada accepts Skilled Workers based upon their ability to become economically established in Canada. If the Canadian Immigration Visa Officer believes that the point total does not accurately reflect your ability to become economically established in Canada, the Canadian Immigration Visa Officer may use his or her positive discretion (referred to as substituted evaluation) and approve your application even though you score less than 67 points.
However, at a minimum, you must have worked continuously for a period of at least one year, within the last ten years, in a full-time (or part-time equivalent) paid position at a skill level recognized by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
Additionally, you must meet CIC requirements to have either one continuous paid full-time year of work experience in the 24 qualifying occupations in the past 10 years; OR Arranged Employment.
Q5. Ok, so I do score 67 points , as a matter of fact more than that. Can I still be refused under the Skilled Worker category ?
Yes, Canada accepts Skilled Workers based upon their ability to become economically established in Canada. If the Canadian Immigration Visa Officer concludes that you will not become economically established in Canada, the Canadian Immigration Visa Officer may use his or her negative discretion (referred to as substituted evaluation) and refuse your application even though you score at least 67 points. Moreover, an applicant may be inadmissable to Canada due to health or security issues, no matter how many point are rewarded under the Skilled Worker Category.
Q6. Can the Skilled Worker category pass mark change?
Yes. Currently, the pass mark under the Skilled Worker category is 67 points. Citizenship and Immigration Canada may raise or lower the pass mark without any advance notice. If you currently score at least 67 points, and otherwise qualify for a permanent resident visa, you would be well advised to submit your Canadian Immigration Application at the earliest.
Q7. What happens if the pass mark changes before I receive my Canada Immigration Visa?
Canadian Immigration law and regulations permit the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada to change the pass mark and even to implement the change retroactively, that is for applications that have already been received . Whether or not Citizenship and Immigration Canada will impose a pass mark change retroactively is their discretion, but they can. The Federal Court of Canada has signaled its disfavour with the practice of retroactivity in Canadian Immigration matters.
Q8. What documents must be included in support of my Application under the Federal Skilled Worker category?
Under the Federal Skilled Worker category, you must submit the following, in support of your application:
• appropriate application forms, signed and completed;
• appropriate Canadian government processing fees;
• identity and civil status documents;
• travel documents and passports;
• evidence of education training/professional qualifications;
• evidence of work experience;
• the IELTS and/or TEF results;
• Canadian educational credential assessment;
• evidence of Arranged Employment, if applicable;
• evidence of points claimed, if any, under the adaptability factor;
• police certificates and clearances;
• proof of settlement funds;
It is important to note that many Canadian Immigration Visa Offices have their own specific document requirements that must be respected in order to avoid having your application returned, delayed or even refused.

If you have any questions related to Immigrating to Canada, please write to us at info@easycanadavisa.com
Based on your skills and experience, check your eligibility for Immigrating to Canada by clicking here

KAN Immigration Services is a Regulated Consultant and Member of ICCRC
(Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council)

1-1355 Citadel Drive, Port Coquitlam, BC, V3C 5X6 Vancouver, Canadawww.easycanadavisa.com , info@easycanadavisa.com

We have regional offices in Nepal and India. Click here to know more

1 comment:

  1. Migrating to a country is a big decision, and a thing not to be taken lightly. Especially a country like Australia where there are numerous opportunities in almost all of its states.

    Canada work permit