|Qualifications||Bachelor of Science in Nursing|
Excellent command over English
|Experience||Minimum 5 years of hands on experience|
|No of Positions||3|
|Closing Date||30 September 2014|
- Demonstrates priority setting or triage skills and timeliness in responding to patients needs.
- Assesses patient/family educational needs and readiness to learn utilizing appropriate resources.
- Assesses patient/family discharge planning needs, utilizing appropriate resources.
- Sets up equipment for and assist physicians with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Demonstrate competency in providing emergency nursing care and procedures for patients of all ages and intervenes appropriately in clinical emergency situations.
- Carries out physician’s orders and reviews nursing and medical orders for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Prepares, administers and documents the administration of oral, parental and topical medications as prescribed by the physician. He / she is knowledgeable of therapeutic effects, usual dosages, contraindications, side effects and adverse reactions for all drugs and parental fluids administered. Maintains accountability for narcotics and controlled drugs.
- Demonstrates competence in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation Advanced Life Support and participates as a member of Code Blue hospital wide.
- Sets up equipment for and assist physician with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Performs a wide range of nursing procedures with attention to accuracy, patient safely and comfort, including those requiring strict aseptic technique.
- Assists with transfer of patients within the health care facilities.
- Teaches patients and their families with emphasis on compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimen. Supports families in meeting the patient’s psychosocial needs.
- Maintains a safe, clean and organized environment for the patient/family/visitors and staff.
- Demonstrates priority setting and timeliness in responding to patient needs.
- Evaluates quality of nursing care being delivered and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Evaluates on an ongoing basis the patient’s progress and the appropriateness of the plan of care involving the patient/family and other health team members.
- Updates the plan of care to reflect patient’s current health status and needs.
- Evaluates and documents the patients/family’s understanding of and response to the plan of care including teaching and discharge plans.
- Participates in presenting patient care conferences.
- Practices within the established standards, policies and procedures.
- Recognizes when the patient care needs extend beyond the limits of personal ability and consults appropriate resources.
- Provides input during development and review of patient care standards, policies and procedures and participates in the Interdisciplinary Quality Assessment and Program.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and maintain currency in nursing for area of practice.
- Uses computer technology as required.
- Maintains infection control and safety awareness functions accordingly and initiates corrective action when indicated.
- Participates in fire and disaster drills and mock codes.
- Demonstrates acceptance, caring and empathy to patients and family.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient/family information.
- Acts as a patient advocate and develop supportive relationship with patient/family maintaining a professional role.
- Uses verbal and nonverbal communication that conveys respect for the patient/family/staff.
- Communicates written information in a legible, accurate, concise and timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationship with other members of the health care team.
- Complies with the department dress code.
- Maintains and acceptable standard of attendance and reports to work on time.
- Demonstrate awareness of fire/equipment hazards and the necessary precautions to be activated as per hospital policy.