|Qualifications||Bachelor of Science in Nursing|
Excellent command over English
|Experience||5 years minimum hands on experience|
|No of Positions||5|
|Closing Date||30 September 2015|
- Assessment of care needs, and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care for patients in the operating department.
- To work closely with all attending clinical staff in instituting a high standard of patient care and treatment, and maintaining safe practices.
- To establish sound communications between the theatre and all clinical departments within the Hospital.
- To ensure that all equipment in the operating department is handled correctly, maintained in safe working order and to evaluate new equipment for trial purposes.
- To ensure that all the equipment in the operating department is subject to formal maintenance contracts, and that the equipment is maintained and repaired according to the contract schedule.
- To be involved in the implementation and development of quality assurance tools within the department.
- To supervise all the teaching and orientation programmes throughout the department.
- To be kept up-to-date in all new trends in surgery and infection control, and to be a clinical resource in these areas.
- To maintain professional confidentiality and to ensure that all clinical and legal documents are completed and signed accurately and legibly.
- To ensure that CSH policies and procedures are understood and implemented by all staff members in the operating department, and that local procedures are up-to-date, understood and implemented.
- Case scheduling or correctly selecting the day on which to do each elective case.
- To maintain the performance of a multi-disciplinary team by ensuring that all have the skill, knowledge and attitude necessary to ensure a safe clinical environment within all the departments mentioned above.
- To maintain an effective ordering and stock control system for all consumables and drugs used within the departments mentioned above.
- To ensure that all Health & Safety policies are adhered to, and that all accidents and incidents are fully recorded in the appropriate documentation.
- To ensure that duty rotas are planned well ahead, and that staff are deployed economically. Also to discuss rotas with the Hospital management and to ensure that staff timesheets are checked in detail.
- To maintain good communication within the department, keeping staff fully informed of all relevant Hospital information and changes.
- To work within the guidelines set by the Joint Commission on International Accreditation.
- To regularly maintain a weekly out-of-hours on-call rota for theatre staff, and for unplanned returns to theatre.
- To counsel staff within the operating department, giving them guidance and support.
- To ensure that all personnel records relating to the operating department are kept updated.
- To hold departmental briefing meetings involving staff from other departments where necessary.
- To be familiar with cardiac arrest, Health & Safety, and Fire and evacuation procedures.
- To ensure that there is always a member of the operating team on duty with an Advance Life Support certificate.
- To undertake such other duties that may be required from time to time by the management of the Hospital.
Post a Comment